Grand Ledge Middle School
Track and Field
2014 Important Dates
STUDENTS MUST HAVE THEIR PHYSICAL ON FILE TO PRACTICE ON MARCH 31ST
First day of practice: March 31ST
2:20-3:10 Warm-up @ Hayes
3:15-4:30 Pick up @ Beagle
Parent Meeting: April 14th, Track Bleachers 4:30
**Sweatpants and sweat jacket necessary for every practice
*Practice will promptly end at 4:30.
*Please make arrangements to have your athlete picked up at 4:30 at Beagle.
2014 Track and Field Meet Schedule
DAY DATE OPPONENT TIME
Wednesday April 16 @ Charlotte 4:30
Wednesday April 23 @ Holt 4:30
Wednesday April 30 Portland 4:30
Friday May 2 Eaton Rapids Invitational 3:00
Wednesday May 7 @ Lakewood 4:30
Friday May 9 Fowler Invitational 4:00
Wednesday May 14 Ionia 4:30
Tuesday May 20 MMMSL @ DeWitt 4:00
Thursday May 29 Honor Roll @ Okemos 4:00
QUICK ATHLETE NOTES
* Athletes must have a physical card (dated after 4/15) on file with the athletic office to participate in practice.
*Athletes must have a pay to play/emergency contact form filled out online for TRACK AND FIELD to participate in practice.
*Students will change in locker rooms and report to gymnasium by 2:35.
* Practices are held outside. DRESS APPROPRIATELY. Bring sweat pants and jacket everyday. Hats and gloves as necessary.
* Shuttle bus will arrive by 3:10 to transport athletes to Beagle.
* Please pick your child up at Beagle at 4:30.
*What should I do before the 1st practice MARCH 31ST?
1) PHYSICAL by March 31
2) SIGN-UP ONLINE (REGISTER, PAY TO PARTICIPATE & BUS)
*MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE(March 31ST)
- Pay to Participate (tab on right side of home page)
- Click on MS Track
4) RUNNING GEAR (SHOES, SHORTS, SHIRT, SWEATS)
The track and field coaching staff is looking forward to another great season! Please contact Coach Buckland or Coach Brazee with questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you on March 31st.
Coach Mark Buckland: firstname.lastname@example.org (517) 925-5680
Coach Katie Brazee: email@example.com